On Your Feet
The Edge Theater Company Announces:
ON THE EDGE: A FESTIVAL OF NEW PLAYS!
The Edge Theater is proud to announce the call for submissions for On the Edge: A Festival of New Plays. This is a 3 week long festival where 3 plays will be work-shopped at The Edge over the course of the next year and then produced in a Workshop Presentation in 2014. Plays will be voted on by the audience in attendance and judges from The Edge. One play from the Festival (selected by the audience and Edge judges) will be given a full production in an upcoming Edge season or writer may choose a cash prize instead. Scripts are being accepted from now until midnight, April 1, 2013.
Submission Guidelines are as follows:
1. Playwright may only submit ONE full-length script to be reviewed blind by a panel of 3 judges
2. The play must not have ever had a fully mounted production. Prior workshop presentations are okay, but the script must be a new version.
3. Submission must include:
- Full copy of script (without playwright contact info)
- Character breakdown (without playwright contact info)
- Short synopsis of script (300 word limit without playwright contact info)
- Cover letter addressing why play fits mission statement of The Edge, if accepted what you would gain from the workshop production, and how you heard about the call for submissions
***Contact info must be listed ONLY on resume and cover letter, not on script or any other documents (submissions will be read blind). All documents should include Title of the Play, no playwright contact info***
4. Submissions must be emailed (Word or PDF files only) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words 2013 ON THE EDGE SUBMISSION in the Subject line. Also, 1 copy of all requested materials must be mailed to Rick Yaconis, ATTN: On The Edge Submission, 233 S. Washington Street, Denver, CO 80209.
Please be sure to submit all info in ONE email with multiple attachments or ONE envelope. Plays submitted without all supporting materials requested will be disqualified.5. We recommend the playwright reside in the Greater Denver area or be able to travel to the On Your Feet sessions and rehearsals as needed if selected at their own expense. Colorado playwrights preferred.
- Deadline to submit all materials is midnight April 1, 2013
- Semi-Finalists will be notified by late April and will be granted an On Your Feet Workshop between May and September
- After each Semi-Finalist has had at least one On Your Feet session, 3 Finalists will be selected for the Festival in 2014
- Finalists will be granted more On Your Feet sessions and at least 25 hours of rehearsal time prior to the Workshop Production
- Following the Festival, the winning play will be offered a full production in an upcoming season at The Edge or a cash prize
PLEASE HELP US SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THIS NEW AND EXCITING CREATIVE OPPORTUNITY!
For more information, call:
"As a result of On Your Feet, I was able, without a big effort, to pinpoint the two places where the script had stumbled. Now I have a clear idea on just how to fix those problems. Thanks so much. It was a fun afternoon". Jim Downing – Playwright
"It was a unique and illuminating experience to see two different versions of the piece staged back-to-back. [Thanks to the workshop,] I learned a lot about the play and feel that I have an informed perspective on how to move forward with it."
Jeff Neuman -- Playwright